Win Spring 2024 Tuition!
The University Career Center will host the Niner Career Challenge! This is a chance for students to Win Spring 2024 Tuition and other monthly prizes!
The challenge begins on Monday, August 28, 2023 through Thursday, November 30, 2023. To participate, you must register below. once registered, attend events to earn points!Join the Challenge
Already a Challenge Participant?
Keep up with your points all semester long.View Your Scorecard
You must be a Charlotte undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled & registered for classes during Fall 2023.
Complete a number of career-related events and activities*(see Eligible Activities), to be entered to win prizes for the monthly and grand prize raffle. You can find some events and activities details at the University Career Center website or on your Hire-A-Niner account. Some events will be unique counts only (see Eligible Activities).
- Monthly Prizes (5 each month): Students participating in 5 or more events & activities* by the end of each full month (e.g. September, October, November) are entered into the monthly $50 gift card raffle. Earn extra raffle entries by participating in even more events & activities* (e.g., 5 Events/Activities = 1 Monthly Challenge Raffle Entry, 10 Events/Activities = 2 Entries, 15 Events/Activities = 3 Entries).
- Grand Prize (3 overall prizes): Students participating in 10 or more events & activities* by 11:59 pm (EST) on November 30, are entered into the grand prize drawing to win tuition* for Spring 2024 (see guidelines under Prize Details, Eligibility, & Additional Information). Earn extra raffle entries by participating in even more events & activities* (e.g., 10 Events/Activities = 1 Challenge Raffle Entry, 20 Events/Activities = 2 Entries, 30 Events/Activities = 3 Entries).
- All winners will be emailed and announced the week of December 11th-15th, 2023 on social media. Be sure to follow the University Career Center on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for our announcements!
- Register at ninercareerchallenge.charlotte.edu.
- Get started by attending our career events and utilizing our resources. You can find various events on the landing page at the Niner Career Challenge and registering for some events through Hire-A-Niner
- If you are attending a virtual event, make sure you register for the event, if applicable. You MUST attend the entire virtual event to earn credit for the activity. You may receive a short survey for certain virtual events as proof of attendance. The survey must be completed by the end of the week in which the event was hosted
- The event and activities* tracking data will be gathered weekly and upload into your electronic scorecard on this website. You will be able to look at the events and activities you have completed, and earned entries, to track your challenge results. Some activities may take longer to upload, but all activities will be uploaded before the random monthly prize drawings and grand prize drawing in December.
- Grand Prize: Spring 2024 Tuition* (4 prizes awarded over the entire challenge run date August 28 - November 30, 2023). For the purposes of the challenge, a tuition & university administrative fee's payment will equal no more than the equivalent of one semester of full-time undergraduate in-state tuition & fee's (maximum value of $3,500.00) as calculated for Fall 2022-Spring 2023 guides*. For students with less than 12 credit hours, the payment will be prorated based on the enrolled credit hours for the Undergraduate & Graduate Tuition & Fee's Fall 2023-Spring 2024 guides. Payment includes student tuition & fees associated with attendance and enrollment at UNC Charlotte. The prize does not cover housing, meal plans, parking, computers, books, or other charges. The student will be responsible for paying the balance of their tuition & fee's cost.
- Monthly Prizes: $50 Gift Card (5 prizes awarded per month of challenge run dates). The monthly event & activity tracking is not carried over from month-to-month for Monthly Prizes*. A student must complete a minimum of 5 events & activities*, each full month, in order to qualify for the monthly drawing (Date runs: Aug 28-Sept 31, Oct 1-Oct 31, Nov 1-Nov 30)
- To qualify for any of the prizes, a student MUST be registered for the Niner Career Challenge, and only activity from the time of registration will count towards the challenge prizes.
- To qualify, a student must be a currently enrolled & registered UNC Charlotte Undergraduate or Graduate student. You must be able to produce a valid UNC Charlotte ID/number. The challenge is not open to students in dually enrolled college programs (49erNext or Passport Programs).
- To qualify, student must complete the entire semester. If the student withdraws, unenrolls, or is asked to leave the university for any type of Code of Conduct violation, the students challenge activity will be null and void. See additional details under Claiming Prizes & Requirements.
- A student's participation in the challenge will earn you entry into a Grand Prize drawing if you complete any ten Niner Career Challenge event & activity* requirements from Monday, August 28, 2023 - close of business on Wednesday, November 30, 2023. The announcement of the Niner Career Challenge winners will be made in October, November and December for monthly prizes, and the week of December 11th-15th, 2023 on social media.
- Entries must be the direct work and participation of each individual student registered for the challenge. Any falsification will result in the student losing event & activity credit for the specific event. Further falsification will result in the student being withdrawn from the challenge.
- International and out-of-state students may enter the challenge. If an international or out-of-state student is selected as a Grand Prize winner, they will receive a tuition payment equivalent to the in-state tuition rate & fees listed above, Grand Prize*, (maximum value of $3,500.00), and will be responsible for paying the balance of their tuition & fee's cost.
- The University Career Center is not responsible for any failure to complete the process and procure an event/activity track, even after you have completed the activity. Only after achieving and activating the required number of event/activity tracks will a contestant be entered into the monthly random drawings, and grand prize random drawing.
- University Career Center reserves the right to, at its discretion, reschedule the challenge, entry, and/or end dates, modify the entry procedures, cancel the challenge, or cancel the awarding of the prize for any reason (See full disclaimer under Niner Career Challenge Disclaimer)
- Contestants must provide the Career Center with an accurate UNCC student email address and phone number. We will use this contact information to connect with the winner.
The Career Center, Center for Graduate Life, Office of Identity, Equity & Engagement, University Center for Academic Excellence and Niner Central Peer Hub has a variety of services, programs, and activities for students to help you plan for career readiness, and engage in services and events that help you prepare for your future! Student participants must complete a number of career-related events & activities to be entered to win prizes for the monthly raffles and grand prize raffles. You can only count 1 "unique" activity per month as part of the prize tracking (e.g.-1 resume critique, 1 drop-in service type, etc.). See full list of events and activities, including unique activities.
University Career Center Events & Activities
- Career Center Drop-In Services: In-Person or Virtual (1 unique activity per month from available services)
- Assessment/PathwayU: Complete the assessment and set-up a meeting with a Career Coach
- Career Coaching: In-Person and Virtual Appointments with a variety of appointment types (1 unique appointment type per month)
- Career Meet Up: Virtual and In-Person sessions available. In-person events may have a limit capacity and require registration (Participate in multiple Meet-Ups, but 1 unique activity title for challenge timeframe i.e.-can't attend same session title during challenge)
- Career Trek(s): In-person and Virtual events (Registration and participation required; certain qualifications may apply)
- Practice Interview: Participate in 1:1 Career Coach Practice Interview, or Employer Practice Interview (1 unique activity per month for Career Coach practice interview)
- IRIS: We offer a professional photo service in the form of a professional photobooth (1 unique service type per entirety of the challenge)
- Career Panels: Directly hosted by the University Career Center
- Employer Information Sessions: Directly hosted by the University Career Center
- Career Fairs: In-Person or Virtual Fairs directly hosted by the University Career Center
- Networking Events: Directly hosted by the University Career Center
University Center for Academic Excellence (UCAE)
The University Center for Academic Excellence offers a wide variety of workshops on topics that strengthen students' academic success. (1 Unique per Month)UCAE Workshops
"Let us know your plans for spring!": Fill out this quick survey for undergraduate students to let us know about their registration plans for spring semester. Survery opens October 15 and will close November 1.
"College By Design Advising Scavenger Hunt": This scavenger hunt directs students to different resources that exist to help them with their academic planning.
Center for Graduate Life and Learning Events & Activities
Many activities available hosted by the Center for Graduate Life & Learning, or University Career Center. These events are open to Graduate students only.
|Building a LinkedIn Profile
|IGS: Networking for International Students
|Answering Common Interview Questions
|Mentee Training: Getting off to a Good Start with Your Advisor
|IGS: The Job/Internship Search for International Students
|Understanding IRBs: How to be an Ethical Researcher
|Networking Virtually and Face-to-Face
|Landing an Internship
|Preparing for Your 3MT Presentation + Prize Drawing
|IGS: US Job Search Etiquette
|Mentee Training: Reflecting on Research Experiences
|Negotiating Your Employment Offer
|Three Minute Thesis: Round 1
|IGS: Interview Tips for International Students
|Three Minute Thesis: Round 2
|Three Minute Thesis: Round 3
|Three Minute Thesis: Round 4
|Mentee Training: Professional & Career Development
- The winner must come to The University Career Center, 9201 University City Blvd., 150 Atkins, Charlotte NC, 28223* to pick up and sign for their prize. Winners must present their UNC Charlotte Student ID Card. *This location could change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The winner must be willing to have their picture taken and provide a brief profile summary of themselves for future marketing of the program.
- By participating in the challenge, contestants agree to release the use of their name, photo, image, and likeness to the University Career Center for use in future advertising, publicity, and media now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission. Winners must be available and willing to be featured on social media and other marketing avenues.
- If the winning student is graduating at the end of the Fall 2023 semester, and the account is already paid, then the prize will be applied to the students account in which the student would receive a refund of the maximum prize value of $3,500.00* based on enrollment type (Part-Time or Full-Time student). See Prize Details, Eligibility, and & Additional Information for full details. It will be the student's responsibility to provide the refund options on their student portal account. The refund would be processed by Enrollment Management or Niner Central.
- If the winning student is not a graduating student, the student must be registered and complete the entire semester for Spring 2024. If the student changes enrollment status, withdraws, unrolls, or is asked to leave the university for any type of Code of Conduct violation, the students Grand Prize will be null and void and the funds must be reimbursed to UNC Charlotte within 30 days of enrollment.
- All monthly prizes and Grand prize(s) must be claimed within 30 days of winning month and email notification. If you have not claimed the prize in 30 days, your prize will be re-awarded. For Grand Prize winner(s), you will need to meet at the Career Center before leaving for the semester for your photo with the Sponsor and Big Check. This is to process your award quickly through the payment office for Spring 2024 tuition.
Questions or Comments?
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions not answered in the Prize Details, Eligibility, and Additional Information sections. The University Career Center is not responsible for students completing certain requirements to earn tracking credit towards the challenge events and activities. Please add email@example.com to your safe emails list to prevent any problems during the notification process.
Niner Career Challenge Disclaimer
The University Career Center reserves the right to, at its discretion, reschedule the challenge, entry, and/or end dates, modify the entry procedures, cancel the challenge, or cancel the awarding of the prize for any reason. The participation and earned activity tracking, for events and activities part of the Niner Career Challenge, is the responsibility of the student participating in the challenge. It is the student's responsibility to register for the Niner Career Challenge, and only activity after registering for the challenge will count towards the student's tracking and entry for contest prizes. The activities and events are for internal programs directly hosted by the University Career Center. The University Career Center is not responsible for loss of internet service or connections to complete virtual events and activities that count towards the challenge. When a student registers for the Niner Career Challenge, the student agrees to the details listed within the challenge.